Applications and Forms
Standard Encroachment Application
Special Collections - Roll-Off Application
Oversized Transportation Application
The Streets Division is responsible for operating and maintaining the City’s 55 miles of streets, sidewalks, trees, landscaped medians, parking lots, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, traffic control devices, streetlights, storm drains, and bridges. Streets is also responsible for removing trash and providing oversight of contracted street sweeping services in the City right-of-way.
The Streets Division is primarily funded by HUTA Gas Tax and General Fund revenue. Grant funding, special event permit fees, and related development impact mitigation fees also help fund the Division for qualifying street maintenance and beautification projects.
Some of Streets other responsibilities include:
- Improving and maintaining the City's public rights of way, including streets, street lights, sidewalks and open spaces.
- Improve and maintain the City's Storm drainage system using established Best Management practices.
- Support special events with road closures, safety barriers and informational signage.
- Assist with storm damage, downed trees, and hazard removal in the City's right of way.
- Oversee sanitary sewer operations and maintenance throughout the City.
- Maintain main street and associated beautification Measures
- Provide effective traffic control systems, maintenance and operations.
Citywide Streets Project Update