Santa Paula Proud is about being the change that you want to see in your community. Whether it be serving hot meals to a senior, mentoring, or coaching a young person or beautifying a park or our historic downtown, Santa Paula Proud is about building community and caring for others and our public spaces.
Our community depends on volunteerism to lift it up by contributing to events, programs, and various activities throughout the year. Without volunteers, many of these things would not be possible.
We thank you for visiting this page and showing interest in volunteering. You can find a menu of volunteer opportunities with duties, requirements, and expectations for each volunteer position. If there is something you might be interested in and do not see it listed below, please contact us.
Below you will see one-time special events as well as ongoing opportunities. Whether you volunteer an hour a year or 100 hours a year you are appreciated. Every minute you give of your time is valuable and we want to be sure that we pair you up with activities that meet your interest. To get started, please complete our interest form and we will contact you within 72 hours. Once we contact you we will send you a volunteer application. It is important that we track your volunteer hours, so we also ask that you complete the volunteer time log after each time you volunteer. Special one-time events will have a group time logs. All time logs will be returned to the supervisor / staff responsible for that assignment.
Depending on the assignment you might be required to complete a background check (live scan). The City will cover the cost of the background check.
Age Requirements / Supervision
6-11 years old:
must be accompanied by a parent / guardian 18 years of age or older
12-17 years old:
must be accompanied by a parent / guardian 18 years of age or older; or
supervised by a local community organization; or
directly supervised by city staff
2020 / 2021 Volunteer Opportunities
1. Santa Paula Beautiful: Volunteers can help beautify the city by cleaning up the bike trail or neighborhood park, removing graffiti, painting the skate park fence, maintaining the rose garden, or participating in a variety of other projects during this one-day only volunteer event. Below is the date of our next event with similar events planned in the future.
October 17, 2020 8:30am-12:30pm (date subject to change)
2. Adopt-A-Park: Volunteers can help clean up a park, which they "adopt". Maintenance will include removing litter and weeds, and helping identifying and reporting necessary maintenance issues, such as safety issues and graffiti removal. If possible, volunteers should plan for a weekly commitment assisting with park maintenance. All equipment and supplies will be provided.
3. Bike Trail Ambassador: Volunteers can help preserve the use of the City’s bike trail by cleaning up litter and weeds and identifying and reporting any safety concerns and areas in need of graffiti removal. All equipment and supplies will be provided.
4. Recreation Class Instructors: Volunteers can plan, develop and teach a class to a group of youths or adults. Volunteers are encouraged to spend as much time needed to create a fun and engaging class, while classes themselves would likely average one to two hours.
5. Meals on Wheels Delivery Drivers: Volunteers can help assist Santa Paula seniors through home delivery of meals to those in need. Drives are typically needed Monday through Friday from between 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Interested volunteers should plan to spend two hours per week on deliveries. To qualify, volunteers must have access to a personal vehicle and insurance certificate. Mileage is eligible for reimbursement by the City.
6. Senior Class Instructors: Volunteers can plan, develop and teach a class to a group of seniors. Volunteers are encouraged to spend as much time as needed to curate interesting content. Additional time commitment is determined by the class/course that is developed.
7. Main Street Ambassador: Volunteers can help renew and keep Santa Paula’s historic downtown vibrant by picking up trash on Main Street, acting as ambassadors to businesses and visitors, and identifying and reporting any maintenance needs, such as safety issues and graffiti removal. All equipment and supplies will be provided.
8. Train Depot Plaza Ambassador: Volunteers needed to help prune and clean up the community rose garden, reporting any maintenance needs such as safety issues and graffiti removal, and greeting tourist arriving on the Fillmore and Western Railway. All equipment and supplies will be provided.
Below are some additional volunteer opportunities. Please contact them directly for more information: